8.06.2007

Music Shout Out

When my brother, Craig, was a junior or senior in high school he bought his first car- the Relient. Or otherwise nicknamed, the Millenium Falcon. I was 'privileged' enough to be driven to my first year of high school in this car since he was a senior. During the winter, we would have to pour almost hot water on the windshield so he could actually navigate the thing. I was often late to school and actually received ISS(In School Suspension) due to these tardies. Sadly enough a few years later, the car had to be retired in California.
When my brother moved out a year after we did to Idaho to prepare for his mission, we decided to hit a music store. Thus we found RELIENT K. In rememberance of his car, Craig bought the CD and we all became fans. Here is my tribute to Relient K.
Relient K is a Christian rock/pop group. They have such different lyrics- one song it's about getting asked to a Sadies Hawkins dance, and the next is about God. They really balance singing about their faith and singing about NOTHING so well!
I'll confess, I do not own all of their CD's because I rarely buy CD's. I haven't even heard all of their albums. But what I have heard, I love. It's so refreshing to have a group who is not scared to declare that they believe in our Savior Jesus Christ and they know that there is a God and that He loves us. These days it is such a taboo to even talk about our faiths- so props to them for knowing what they believe in and singing it out loud! They may not belong to my faith, but we still share many of the same beliefs.
Right now I am listening to their album, "MmHmm". They are ALL great songs, but some of my favorites are: "My Girl's Ex-Boyfriend"(for special reasons) and "Which To Bury; Us or the Hatchet". Some other good songs from other albums are: "Maybe It's Maybelline", "For the Moments I feel Faint", "Failure to Excommunicate", "Chapstick, Chapped Lips and Things Like Chemistry", "I am Understood", and bunches more.
This is their video for "Who I am Hates Who I've Been"

1 comment:

  1. i like that song, i've heard it before. didn't know much about the band, but now i do! missed you guys at snowbird ;)

    ReplyDelete