8.06.2017

Are You Really There?

I feel like the worst mom right now. My poor babies are all sunburnt. To a sad crisp. Gavin has it worst of all. After church today he took off his shirt and we discovered he actually had blisters from his burn. Ouch! Poor guy. I put some cold washclothes on, some aloe vera (bottled and from the plant), and a tumeric-yogurt spread. They seem a teensy bit better, but I want those mean suckers gone. So tomorrow's outings are cancelled and I am a-okay with that. Shirtless boys around here (which means heaven to them).

When the boys were toddler age, putting them to bed was always reading a book and then singing a couple songs. As they got older, they showed less interest in the songs so I haven't done that in quite a while. Tonight Gav asked for extra cuddles and I asked him if he wanted a song to help him feel better. He said yes and after I asked him what song he'd like he said, "A blessing one.". The first song that came to mind was "A Child's Prayer". I love the words to this song, that let's our little ones know that they are important. Heavenly Father does and will hear your prayers and answer them. After I was done with both verses, I asked him if he knew what the song was about. He shook his head no and I told him that no matter what, Heavenly Father is always listening and with us. We just need to pray. That if he wakes up and is hurting, he can say a prayer right in his bed to help his pain go away. If he needs something ever, he can always say a prayer in his heart and mind or go find somewhere quiet to offer a prayer up to Him. I cherish these gospel moments with my children. They are so eager and wanting to learn more about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and I am so grateful for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment