2.26.2013

"Birth" Story

I have been told to start blogging again. Whoops! I really don't realize anymore how much time slips in between each post now. My/our life feels so normal, I don't know what to blog about anymore! 

James has been off and on into babies lately. It's cute and bizarre. I don't know where it's coming from, but it is so sweet to see him make his little stuffed buddies into his "sons" or "babies". On Valentine's Day, he had his stuffed Woody be the big brother and his Fantasia Mickey Mouse be his baby. At one point, I was in the other room and I hear him calling for me. He has Mickey under his shirt and he tells me, "Mommy, cut it out!" You see, before his birthday in December, I told James his birth story. I don't know why, but I did. He loved it. I told him how he was turned upside down inside my belly, they had to cut Mommy's belly open (but gave great medicine so it didn't hurt at all!!), then they pushed him out, and he cried and it was one of the best experiences ever. Then they put Mommy back together and gave more medicine so it didn't hurt anymore! And Mommy got all better and loved having baby James. I know it sounds kind of terrifying, but he really loved hearing it. And loves telling it back to me. 

Back to the story... so James decided he needed a c-section to have his baby Mickey. He baffles me! To make it more fun for him, I got out the "doctor" kit they got for Christmas (well, what I could find...). I applied some "medicine", tapped him with the hammer (not pictured) for good measure, "cut" him open with the scissors, and pushed out his baby. What a happy moment for him :)
  Showing off his "new" baby
Gavin even got his own baby. But no "birth" for him!
This may seem like an odd story, but I cannot get over the imagination of this kid. To also see it being passed on to the other brothers (yes, even Jack) is so great. I can't wait for them to get bigger and better ideas through the years. And to learn to read and discover the world of books. Books!! Cannot wait!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, so this story made me laugh. A lot. Probably because we have been discussing how our baby is going to come out and since I haven't had a c section...well, you can imagine the horror! Haha! We told the girls how your babies came out and they think that it is a pretty awesome way to make an entrance. Tell the little papa congrats. I've never seen a more beautiful Mickey (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So my comment is a bit misleading and looks like I am referring to having a c section. I am not. I was just telling the girls what a natural delivery is like and they think that it is just too horrible to think about. Getting cut open? No big deal. But I think surgery sounds worse and think you are a rock star :)

      Delete
  2. I love that they love their babies! So cute!

    ReplyDelete