10.28.2009

Apple Hill and Family

One of the reasons why I wanted to visit California in October was because of the fall season. Though the leaves were just barely turning in Manteca, I knew in the foothills they were turned (even though the above picture they aren't due to being evergreens...). And what does that mean? That means a trip to Apple Hill, one of the most scrumptious places I know!
Since my dad has weekends off, Saturday was our designated trip day. I was really excited, but also nervous for James. He was having some "issues" with not having his daddy. Which is really sweet and we love that he loves Brad, but on vacation not so cute to me. But that is just me :) This trip to Apple Hill was exactly what he needed. James has always loved to be outside and to look at trees. He is a nature boy through and through. So he let everyone hold him and was just content to look around.
We ate at a great BBQ place at one of the apple acres. I had a yummy tri-tip sandwiched that I halved with Rach so I could have half of her pulled pork sandwich. Then my parents got some apple fritters, which are a complete MUST when you go there. We also got a carmel apple dipped in fudge to take home. I shared one with Rach- holy cow, the best apple ever. Should of taken a picture... someday I will get better at taking pictures!
With Grandpa PatGrandma Sandy
Aunt Rachel (who I think missed her little roommate)
With mommy!By the scarecrow in Apple Hill's small pumpkin patchI thought he'd be smiling but with little bits of hay, way too distracting for himStill adorable anyways :)Tri-tip sandwich... sooo good!Hog fries- fries smothered in BBQ pulled pork. And yes, it tasted delicious!We found a Halloween headband and had to put it on him
After Apple Hill, we stopped by my grandma's place. She lives in Sacramento, which is on the way down to Manteca. We got to visit with her and my Aunt Sue for a bit. Then my cousin Debbie came by to see us as well. My other cousin, Donna, had planned to meet us there but she is sick with cancer right now and she wasn't feeling well that day. Last time we saw my grandma, we missed out on a 4-generation picture. So I made sure we got one this time!
4 generations- James, Grandma-great, Grandma Sandy, and moiCousins- Rach, me and DebDebbie with JamesGrandpa Pat making James laugh
Quite the busy day, but it was so worth it.

4 comments:

  1. Seriously cute pics. James is such a big boy. Whoa...in that last pic...is he wearing SHORTS? GRRR it is So cold here. I bet you're sad to be back to the cold but so happy to be back to your hubby! {and me...duh}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me very hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a fun, needed vacation. Cool pumpkin patch-James looks so big. Do you hate that our boys are slowly turning into toddlers?
    Your hair is getting long too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. which farms do you recommend going to? i've heard high hill, ables etc. we're going this year.

    looks like fun and yummy food!

    ReplyDelete