12.30.2007

Mimi!

What is 'Mimi' you ask? It is the interpretation of the name 'Amy', in the language of my 1 1/2 year old niece. Luckily, I got to hear it a lot this past week. She also was able to say 'uncle' and 'brad' together, which kind of sounded like apple pie... hey, she's only 1 1/2!
It was so fun to play with Rylee because if she really wanted your attention, she'd just say your name over and over. 'Papa' was definitely her favorite- my poor/lucky dad barely got any rest from her. She'd walk around the house saying, 'Papa! Papa! PAPA!' until she got him in the room. I loved her saying my name, mostly because it took her a bit to remember that it applied to me. I'd stop playing with her and get a, 'Mimi... Mimi... MIMI!!' then I'd go back to doing whatever it was that she liked.
Christmas night the rest of the family was watching a movie, so I tried to keep Ry occupied. I got out the new belt that Brad got me (love it) and wrapped it around her little waist. Holy cow, did she love that! She ran out to show everyone her new accessory, run back to me, take it off, and I'd put it back on her. Later I put one of my button-up shirts on her- that was definitley her favorite. What is super cute is any time there are clothes (or some kind of material) she holds it up to her chest and looks down (like all of us women do when we are admiring something), then looks for approval from all of us.
I look forward to just a few months from now when I will be able to spend a lot more time with my eldest brother and his ever growing family- and to just being in Idaho in general.

1 comment:

  1. It was a lot of fun to see Rylee interact with your family. She sure did love her aunts and uncles. It will be so much fun when you guys finally move out here. If I can do anything to help, let me know!

    ReplyDelete