8.22.2007

Rotten Bananas!!

I have to share a little story about an experience I had with bananas. It's really stupid, but it makes me laugh. Therefore it gets told.
My freshman year at college I went to BYU-Idaho and absolutely loved it. It was the first time in a long time that I hadn't gotten some crazy crush on some random boys- which if you knew me before I met Brad, you know it happened quite frequently. Anyway, my first semester was great with no distractions except for some great roomates. My second semester, though, I actually started dating someone. I let myself get way too distracted, though it wasn't my grades that showed it. Pretty soon it was the end of the semester and it was time to clean out our apartment. I don't know how we let it get this far, but we had BLACK bananas. I mean, they were a nasty, black, shriveled shadow of bananas! So what do I and my roomate decide to do? Well, we bagged them up and trekked over to the apartment of the guy I was dating. I knew he was over at his friends apartment so we left this CRAZY note about how these bananas depicted the cold shadow of my heart... needless to say, it was a CRAZY note that even now gets me laughing. We didn't sign it and we left the lovely bag of "tasty" bananas and the odd note on his door knob. He called me later and asked me if I had left it. Of course, being myself, I busted up laughing and that was his answer. I know this isn't a very funny story but it is hilarious to me. Good times...
There is a random point to the telling of banana stories though. My parents always buy bananas and they almost always get to the point of almost inedible. Instead of being crazy like myself, my family makes delicious banana bread. It is soooo delicious!! Therefore I would like to share it with others. Seriously, make this the next time you have almost bad bananas. You will not be sorry!
DELL BANANA BREAD RECIPE
1 c. sugar 2 c. flour
1/2 c. margarine 1 t. baking soda
2 eggs 1 t. salt
3 T. sour milk (1 T. vinegar/2T milk) 1 T. lemon juice
3 bananas mashed
Cream sugar and margarine, add eggs, sour milk and bananas and beat well. Sift together dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture. Add lemon juice. Put in loaf pan, greased and bake at 350 for 1 hour or until tested done. Remove from oven and cool a few minutes then remove from pan and place on rack to cool.

1 comment:

  1. one year at ricks (or byu-idaho, whatever) me and my roomies got a surprise on our door, but it wasn't rotten bananas! still to this day don't know who did it. those days were full of fun pranks like that.

    ReplyDelete