11.29.2011

Hide the Knives, Folks

No worries- my kids are all safe and NOT playing with knives. The "problem maker" is mommy. Yes, I, Amy, needs knives taken away from me. 

I have never really cut myself. Until this year. In the summer I sliced my pointer finger pretty good while cutting a watermelon. I pinned it on my clumsy pregnant self and all would be well once baby was out. Apparently not. Yesterday morning I got myself a delicious parmesan bagel out- unsliced. I always dread cutting up a bagel- so not good at it. But it is just too tasty to care. I got out my nice, sharp knife and started cutting and... BAM. Pain- I had cut my thumb and I could feel it wasn't going to be pretty. So naturally I started crying (i'm such a wuss- totally scared what it would look like). My little sister rescued me and we got me all fixed up. Luckily I hadn't cut it deep enough  for Urgent Care but it sure hurts. Do you realize how much you need your thumb??? Well, we use it a lot. Seriously, it needs to heal fast (and no picture of cut because i hate stuff like that...).

In other news regarding awesomeness, I started exercising last night!!! Felt soooo great. I'm so ready to get active again! 
like my game face?? i canNOT take a serious picture

7 comments:

  1. hawt. totally. as is your battle wound. lucky you have such a level headed sister ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not kidding, my ONLY ever stitches were by cutting a bagel. After that, my parents bought the official "bagel slicer" where you put the bagel in this square thing with slits and your knife goes through the slits and you cut a perfect slice without ever holding it. I got 5 stitches in my left pointer finger and when we were in the ER they said bagel cuts are one of the #1 reason why ppl get stitches in the ER. NO jOKE! It is fooo reals!

    PS those pics are hilarious. And is little Jack really 6 weeks old??/ oh my goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stink at cutting bagels too, and I'll make sure to stay on your good side. You look tough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One tough girl! Love your game face! Way to go you! And Love how Brad and Jack are just standing in the background watching it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Brad should get you a bagel cutter for Christmas...wouldn't that just be the most romantic/thoughtful gift ever? Besides, it could save you an emergency trip or two in the future!

    Love your game face. Rach must have fun taking those pics! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for working out! I think you look super tough! And I cut my self too and you really do need your fingers so be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's funny how once you cut any of your fingers you realize just how important having all your fingers is! Congrats on working out, too!

    ReplyDelete