6.16.2008

To the Fathers

This pregnancy has been throwing me for a loop with trying to remember things. As if I'm not scatter brained enough... it's worse now. I had to be reminded about three times yesterday it was Father's Day. How horrible of me!! Luckily, I still got Brad, my father, and my father-in-law a card and called my dad. That's pretty special, these days.I am a Daddy's Little Girl. My dad is such an inspration to me. He has been the best dad and I am so grateful to be his daughter. He was such a great example of a worthy priesthood holder growing up, and I wanted to marry someone who would be like him someday(and I did). My dad has taught me so much, of things temporally and spirtually, over the years. I cannot wait to see my dad hold my baby, and be an example to our little children like he was to me and my siblings. I love you, Dad. My Brad, the father-to-be. I know he's going to be a great dad. It's going to be hard learning everything, but at least we get to learn together. It's so fun to go to my brother's and sister-in-law's house because Brad loves to hold our niece, Sadie, who is 4 months old. It's crazy to think in just one year, that will be our baby. I am so grateful for Brad. It's going to be an adventure becoming parents!
I just want to add how grateful I am for Brad's father, Jim. I don't really have a picture of him, sorry! He is such an amazing man. He and my mother-in-law, Chris, are really great parents. They love their children and grandchildren more than anything. What I love about Jim is that every time I see him, he gives me a big hug. And he always asks, "How's my daughter?". He always makes me feel welcome. Brad and I are so lucky to have such wonderful fathers. We love them both dearly.
Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't mind my stopping in....I saw the link on Facebook. ;)

    Your dad IS an awesome man!

    ReplyDelete